What is TKT?
TKT is a test about teaching English to speakers of other languages. It aims to increase teachers' confidence and enhance job prospects by focusing on core teaching knowledge. This flexible and accessible award will help you to understand:
- different methodologies for teaching
- the 'language of teaching'
- the ways in which resources can be used
- the key aspects of lesson planning
- classroom management methods for different needs.
What does TKT involve?
TKT has three core modules:
Module 1 - Language and background to language learning and teaching
- Describing language and language skills.
- Background to language learning.
- Background to language teaching.
Module 2 - Planning lessons and use of resources for language teaching
- Planning and preparing a lesson or sequence of lessons.
- Selection and use of resources and materials.
Module 3 - Managing the teaching and learning process
- Teachers' and learners' language in the classroom.
- Classroom management.